Hi and welcome to our Blog! In this post you will learn how to start a blog. Being a Blogger can be a fascinating journey but tough. I have failed in my past blogs when I started over 10 years ago because I didn’t have the right concepts and tools. And this is what I am going to help you with here, so you it doesn’t happen the same to you. There are several skills you need to know and apply in order to have success. And like every skill it requires practice and patience. Read carefully this article and you will understand it better. Hope you enjoy it!
What to blog about?
If you are going to start a blog it is better you write about a topic you know very well and feel interested or you are passionate about. Why? Well because in the long term is going to be easier for you to be adding content and giving value to people. Remember the rule number 1 for a successful blog is about adding value to people so this can build your authority and credibility.
How to Start a Blog Step By Step
Here are the steps you you need to follow in order to start a successful blog. The first 4 steps are mechanical steps and more easy to implement. But 5) and 6) is where you need to put your creativity and hard work.
- Decide your niche or what to blog about.
- Choose a web hosting company for your blog. I recommend Bluehost.
- Set up your blog by adding necessary plugins.
- Choose a theme design for your blog ( free or paid).
- Writing quality content based on a content strategy with proper keyword research.
- Decide your income strategy.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting
If you want to know how to set up a WordPress site with Bluehost you can read my guide How To Start A WordPress Blog On Bluehost.
How to Start a Blog and Make Money With Blogging ( for beginners )
Let’s face it, starting a blog and making money sometimes is not that easy because people when start they have a lot of information and thus they get lost. Making money with a blog requires you have the right concepts and the necessary tools. There are many ways to monetize your blog. The most common options are:
- Selling your services: Like for example you can have a blog where you teach people how to cook vegan food or how to fix things at home and charge a fixed amount of money for that. People can either download the content or access to watch online or even pay a monthly subscription.
- Through advertisement: This is the basic way to monetize your site and start earning money. The typical thing is to show AdSense ads in your website and then when people click on them you get certain amount of money. AdSense is from Google and works very good. However there are lots of other advertisement platforms to consider.
- Through affiliate marketing: Here is where you can make a good money and the best way to monetize your blog. Affiliate marketing basically means that you offer a product in your site and when people click on the link and purchase that product you get a commission. For example clickbank is a popular affiliate network where you can find lots of affiliate products. The good thing about this affiliate network is that the products pay high commissions, up to 70 %. As a result your earning will be much better.
- Products: You can sell virtual products like a course or a software or an eBook or physical products like a book.
How To Start A Blog FREE Course
I am sharing with you for FREE my e-mail course about how to start a blog where I will tell you my best tips and secrets for having a successful blog.
- Day 1: Deciding what to blog about.
- Day 2: How to create your blog on WordPress.
- Day 3: Content strategy, keyword research.
- Day 4: How you can make money with your blog.
- Day 5: What tools you need for your site.
- Day 6: How to grow traffic and get more email subscribers.
- Day 7: Building backlinks and bonus tips.
In addition will answer here some questions people commonly ask
What is a blog?
A blog is simply a website that has informational content related to a certain topic. In addition, a blog is a collection of articles or guest posts. A blog can be personal or also part of a big company. Nowadays are popular people who have a personal fashion blog where they share their tips about styling.
Should I start a Blog?
You should start a blog if you the interest and passion for sharing to the world what you have to say. If you think you can add value and help others then is worth you can start blogging. Having a blog can change your life and give you financial freedom. You can be a digital nomad and live where you wish while traveling the world.
Why do people Blog?
People blog for different reasons. There are those who just love writing and think they can help others with their content. On the other hand there are other people who also love writing but has more a business mind and consider a blog like a real business. Those professional bloggers can make a full income without need to have a common 9-5 job.
How to start a Blog for free?
There are many platforms for starting a free blog but I don’t recommend this if you want to enter seriously into blogging. Free blogging platforms like wix.com for example can’t give you the power of having your own domain. A free blog is not even good for SEO ( search engine optimization)
How do bloggers get paid?
You can get paid with several ways. Google through AdSense can pay you with transfer wire, check or western union for example, depending on your location. On the other hand, some affiliate platforms pay trough Paypal and bank transfer. If you are doing sponsored posts you can agree with your client the way of payment.
How long does it take to make money blogging?
This is hard to answer because it depends first of all on how much effort and working hours you put and also is related to the quality of content you create. If you understand very well the concepts I am going to explain you in the free e-mail course about how to start a blog and then you take massive action creating high quality content with a strategic planning, you could start earning money in 3-5 months. Like happened with this blog. You need to consider that how much money you can earn money with blogging depends on the niche you choose ( there are some niches that will pay you more with AdSense for example) , the traffic you have ( amount of people who visit your site) or the products you offer.