Ready for a new adventure? Can you imagine “sleeping in the sky” – in a glass capsule suite, suspended 1,200 ft (365.7 m) up a mountainside, with a panoramic view of a valley and surrounded by stars? This is what you will experience at Skylodge adventure suites or a “hanging hotel” in Peru, built by a designer and project manager Ario Ferri, owner of a company called Natura Vive.
Where are Skylodge adventure suites located and how to reach them?
How do the glass pods look like?
When you reach the Skylodge, you will find three exclusive capsule suites fixed to the rock face, with a total capacity of up to eight people. Two of the capsules are divided into modules with four beds (two singles and one double), a dining area with wooden tables for meals and a private bathroom with a dry ecological toilet and a sink. The capsules feature also lights and a reading light, all with solar power system. The pods also have curtains for privacy and to block the sun. Each cozy mattress is fitted with cotton sheets, down pillows and warm cover.
The third capsule is the service capsule where guides prepare meals for the guests. The interior is clean, functional and comfortable. You will experience first class service.
Each of the glass pods measures 24 ft. x 8 ft. (7.3 x 2.7 m) and is composed of six windows and four ventilation ducks that regulate temperature. There is also an open-air seating platform on the top of each glass pod.
The glass pods are handcrafted out of aerospace aluminum and polycarbonate, which is weather resistant. Each glass pods provide breathtaking views of the valley and river below, across are amazing Andes mountains and the sky above you, even from the bathroom, where is the best view.
Photo by Natura Vive
How much does it cost to stay in the skylodges?
Rates vary depending on what method you choose to get to Skylodge (roughly 400 USD for one night). The price includes private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco, bilingual guides, equipment, snack for the ascent, gourmet dinner with a bottle of wine, breakfast, and accommodation. You can also book day trips with lunch at Skylodge (from 237 USD per person).
What else do you need to know?
- This adventure is not appropriate for the ones with disabilities or lack of physical strength. As it is only accessible by climbing, hiking or zip-lining the pods, it is required a good level of fitness. The trips to the pod take around three to four hours each way.
- There is no shower in the pods. Bring your personal hygiene items.
- Wear comfortable and warm clothes, pants, hiking or running shoes. Take into account that the coldest months in this area are from June until August.
- Before climbing the guides will give you all the instructions to make your adventure experience safe and all the equipment you will need: hard hat, gloves and a harness.
- All the food for breakfast and dinner is brought up in backpacks. You will be served delicious food in a dining pod. Water needs to be carried up the mountain as well and that’s why having the conscious of wasting water needs to be carried down is very important.
- You can book your stay at Skylodge Adventure Suites all year round. Take into account that this accommodation is getting popular, so it is recommended booking in advance.
More information you can find at the Natura Vive, offering variety of packages. Choose from Via Ferrata trip, zip line experience to a combination of zip line and Via Ferrata experience. Another option is only visiting the Skylodge Adventure Suites’ dining capsule for a four-course lunch.
- Phone: (51) 084-201253 – (51) 951373240
- Email: email@example.com
- Natura Viva Site