Which is the best travel backpack for petite female ? Everybody knows that the best thing about being short is the fact of fitting in everywhere. No leg room issues on planes, trains, o-cars, and the best part…short people never have issues when it comes to sleeping in a hostel or bed and breakfast. But the best part is the fact is the weight of the luggage, maybe more weightless since the items are smaller.
Read more: Best hiking backpack for petite female
But what can make it really worse is the fact that not choosing the correct backpack, can cause back pain, affecting health at the same time, since the weight of the backpack will not be correctly distributed, creating tension on shoulders and back, having a long-term effect if the backpack carried for a long period of time.
Burgeoning back pain can cause headaches and strained muscles in the shoulder, neck, and lower back, obtaining as a result of the development of bad posture while walking with the backpack. By the way, strap pressure can cause tingling, numbness, or blood circulation issues.
Otherwise, another consequence of carrying a big backpack is that it is easy to overpack things that are not really important for the trip, long or short, leaving less space for important things.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ONES?
The first thing to keep in mind is the torso measurement, science says it is the distance between the C7 vertebra (the bump at the base of the neck and your iliac crest; that is the top of the pelvis and that is where the hip belt will sit).
Men and female bodies are not the same, and in the same way, they don’t have the same necessities and complexion, even weighting the same. Men tend to have a broader constitution, particularly when it comes to torso measurement, in the same way as women when it comes to hips.
AVOIDING GIANT BACKPACKS?
To that, it is always advisable to make a realistic list of what is really needed for the trip, and based on that, buy the best option. Usually, for short women, backpacks between 28L to 40L, are the go-to; but some short women can carry bigger ones going from 50L to 60L capacity, turning this into personal preferences based on what is really needed physical form, and constitution.
BEST BACKPACKS FOR SHORT WOMEN
1. DEUTER AIRCONTACT LITE 45 + 10 SL
This brand is considered one of the best brands of outdoor backpacks for short women. Designed for women to women, this shines through in the raft of women-specific features.
Keeping in mind the character of female bodies, this brand’s backpacks have been manufactured with adjustable back length, narrow shoulder-width, and a curved hip belt that sits snug on the hips.
The best part? The futuristic dual-density foam helps to keep the weight stable, with excellent ventilation and a hollow chamber on the back, letting the body breathe and cool, always.
- Weight balancing is easy.
- Compartments/straps are organized usefully.
- Very adjustable for a range of frames.
- No sleeping mat straps, so I lined mine up vertically.
- Hip compartments were the least useful because of size/access.
2. OSPREY FAIRVIEW 40
A woman travel backpack with a zip-away harness and an ergonomically shaped hip belt. Carry-on compliant and lightweight makes it one of the best backpacks.
It owns dual mesh pockets, a padded laptop, and a tablet sleeve, with lockable zips for more security.
- Women’s fit harness for more comfortable carry.
- Dedicated laptop & tablet padded pocket.
- Can easily fit a 15.6″ laptop & easy to access.
- Scratch-proof pocket on top.
- Roomy inside compartment with compression straps.
- Well made with solid materials that will last.
- Lack of organization pocket.
- Compression straps make it difficult to access pockets.
- May not fit larger laptops (17″ or more).
- Only comes in two colors.
3. OSPREY KYTE 36
A multi-trekking backpack with a top-load and side-access, that’s comes with a lot of features like front pockets or a sleeping bag compartment with internal dividers. But the most important thing is that the back panel is adjustable, with foam ridges for comfort and fit.
- Reviewers appreciate its comfort level.
- They also appreciated how well it carries the weight of its contents.
- The capacity of this bag is impressive.
- It is also small enough to use as a carry-on, which reviewers appreciate.
- The top of the brain of the bag doesn’t completely cover the top of the bag when full.
- It is also quite small and doesn’t fit much.
- There also seem to be some durability concerns.
4. OSPREY ARCHEON 45
A 45 fully recycled and sustainable top-load backpack for women. It comes with a rain cover and an adjustable back panel, perfect for the smallest torsos.
- Able to pack quickly and organize your gear.
- The backpack is easy to adjust even when your load changes.
- The brain of the backpack is removable to save weight or use as a day pack.
- The pockets are easy to reach and functionally placed for storage of gear.
- The hip belt and back panel are adjustable to customize your fit.
- The stretchy outside loops can let you hang some smaller items externally on the backpack.
- Anti-gravity suspension keeps your back comfortable and lets you easily carry heavy loads.
- Features a sleeping bag compartment for additional compatibility.
- The hip straps might be too long for somebody types and can get in the way.
- Does not come with a rain cover, so you will need to buy one on your own.
5. Osprey Packs Renn 50
It comes in three sizes: XS-S-M, turning it into one of the best versatile options on the market.
With anti-gravity suspension technology that makes the user feel as if it were carrying much less weight than what it really is. Its adjustable harness makes it easier to adjust the backpack to the torso light, fitting on the fly hip belt, doing the same thing on the hips.
Finally, with this specific model, the best parts come with its floating top lid, fully removable as well as a dedicated sleeping bag compartment at the base.
- Contains a ventilated frame for temperature regulation.
- Features an adjustable torso length and hip belt for a custom fit.
- Contains trekking pole attachments to easily hold your poles when not in use.
- Features a sternum strap to keep your backpack snug against your body during use.
- The hip straps are padded enough to prevent any discomfort even when carrying heavy loads.
- The mesh and the ventilated construction help keep you cool during hot days on the trail.
- Versatile to work for one-night trips to long-term treks.
- Uses tough and durable outer material.
- Features an internal hydration reservoir sleeve for easy organization and compartmentalization.
- Comfortable to carry during all-day use.
- The internal hydration sleeve means you must unpack some other gear in order to get to the bladder.
- The hip pockets might not be big enough for some cell phones.
6. DEUTER WOMENS TRANS-ALPINE 28SL
This model has been particularly created for short women, being small but with enough space to carry everything that can be needed.
With super comfortable soft-edge shoulder strap for narrow shoulders, and large zip openings to the main compartment that makes the bag content easily accessible as well as dedicated phone compartment.
By the way, this Deuter model has a three-zone cover on the back and a compact fit in the hip area. Finally, the long-lasting material, which is made of, will make it look like new for years, even if it is used every single day.
• Enough space.
• Super comfortable.
• Ultra long-lasting.
• Maybe too small for some people used to more large sizes.
7. Kelty Coyote 60-105 Liter Backpack
Made in the USA, this particular model is one of the larger backpacks on this list. As has been said, short women can carry heavyweight too. The back frame can be adjusted to a small size making it perfect for smaller women, but full, it will need quite a lot of strength to carry.
It features nice touches too, such as a sleeping bag compartment, detachable top, and loads of pockets to pack different items. It is a great contestant for the best backpack for petite women who will travel for a long time.
- Incredible price.
- Great organization.
- Bottom compartment.
- Daypack bonus.
- Dual access.
- Side zippered pockets.
- No rain cover.
- A bit on the heavy side.
8. GREGORY JADE 33
One of the best options for women who are looking for a high-quality durable backpack, medium-sized, ideal to join the city or hike mountains.
It offers a lot of space providing more room for items, otherwise is the perfect mate for changing weather.
Finally, the ventilated Free-Float suspensions system adapts to the body, helping users to move freely, without any worry.
- Carry-on friendly (without top pocket full).
- Functions well for both hiking and travel.
- Features luxury details not typically found on small packs.
- Water bottle accessibility could be improved.
- Difficult to fit a laptop.