What is the best tablet for traveling abroad ? Traveling is something most of us enjoy a lot. And nowadays, with globalization and technology, the options to go on trips are widely spread. Whether you enjoy backpacking or you’re more into all-inclusive hotels, or whether you enjoy long travels or weekend getaways, going on a trip is, for sure, a very exciting experience. Keep on reading in order to know which is the best tablet for international travel.
The advances in technology have transformed the way we travel in many different ways. Most people take their cellphones with them anywhere they go, and maybe even their laptops. But there’s a device which is gaining more and more terrain in the world of travel: the tablets.
Carrying a tablet when traveling can be an amazing option if you’re looking to travel light and still want to have access to your work, to digital entertainment, to books, and more. A tablet can have more functionalities and be more comfortable than a mobile phone, and it can be lighter to transport than a laptop. So, if you’re interested in getting yourself a tablet for your trips, then read through to discover which is the best tablet for traveling abroad.
Read more: best tablet for reading PDF textbooks
Why choose a tablet over a laptop?
While it’s a fact that many people still prefer to travel with their laptops, there are several aspects which make tablets a better option for your trips, and here I will tell you why:
- Weight: tablets are, in general, lighter and more compact than laptops, so they are more comfortable to carry around.
- Functionalities: nowadays most tablets have a wide range of functionalities and can perform almost the same tasks as laptops.
- Great option for readers: if you enjoy reading, then it’s likely that you usually carry with you one or more books when you travel. Having a tablet will allow you to carry as many books as you want in an electronic format, which will definitely save you some luggage space.
- Luggage space: a tablet is not only lighter in weight, but also smaller in size than most laptops and it can even use the same power cord as other devices such as smartphones, so you can save space in your suitcase or backpacks in many different ways.
What to look for when choosing your tablet
There are some key things and aspects that I would recommend you to take into consideration when looking for the best tablet for travel. As you will be carrying the device around along with your luggage, my main advice is that you look for a tablet which is comfortable to transport. The best tablet for international travel will be the one which is compact, light in weight, has a good storage capacity and a solid battery life. To sum up, here’s a list of the qualities and features that the tablet you choose should have:
- Size: it should be compact and thin, to make it easier to carry it around.
- Weight: the lighter, the better.
- Storage: depending on how you will use the tablet, you’ll require more or less storage capacity, but I recommend you to look for those devices which have a minimum of 32 GB.
- Screen: a screen with low glare, high definition and solid touch technology will surely give you the best results.
- Battery: it’s quite annoying having to charge your device over and over again, so you should definitely consider a solid battery life to be a key aspect of the tablet you choose. The best tablet for long flights is definitely the one which can last for 10 or more hours on a single charge.
The best tablet for traveling abroad : 5 amazing options
With all these aspects and features I have mentioned, it’s now time to present to you 5 of the best tablets for travel available nowadays in the market. I have chosen these models taking into account the key considerations I listed above, so any one of these 5 tablets will be a wonderful choice if you’re looking for the best tablet for international travel.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
one of the best things about Microsoft Surface devices is their resemblance to laptops, but with the compact design and light weight of a tablet. If you’re going to use the device for long periods of time and you will need to work or write a lot, then this might be the best tablet for you. Surface devices come with a thin keyboard which attaches to the tablet magnetically, so you can have a tablet and a computer all in one. It’s more expensive than other tablets, but it has more storage space and a very solid and fast processor.
- Weight: about 700 gs.
- Battery life: up to 10.5 hours
- Storage capacity: you can choose between different capacity options, but you can find some models with up to 16 GB RAM, 256 GB
- Has a 10th generation IntelCore processor
- Ultraslim design
- Screen size: 12.3 inches
- High screen resolution with amazing touch screen sensitivity
- Price: around 700 USD
2. Amazon Fire HD 10
if you’re looking for an option with a great price-quality balance, then this Amazon tablet might be just what you’re looking for. They are accessible and very good quality devices, and a perfect choice for a first tablet. If you enjoy reading, then it’s also a very good choice. As a highlight, it’s thin and light design makes it very comfortable to transport and store, but it can be a bit heavy compared to other tablets.
- Screen size: 10.1 inches
- Internal storage: you can choose between 32 GB or 64 GB, expandable to up to 512 GB.
- Battery life: up to 12 hours
- Great option to read books and watch movies or series
- Has a front and rear camera
- Weight: 500 gs.
- Bright and high resolution screen
- It has quite a fast processor
- Price: around 170 USD
3. Apple iPad:
Apple has definitely some of the best tablets in the market. Their compact design and style make them very comfortable to transport, and they have a very powerful processor which can last in great conditions for a long time. Another key thing to highlight from this device is its storage capacity: you can usually choose between several options, but you can find models with up to 128GB of space. If you’re looking for a powerful device with a lot of storage capacity, this can be a great choice. The screen resolution and glare level is also amazing.
- Weight: around 450 gs.
- Storage capacity: between 32GB and 128GB
- Battery life: can last up to 10 hs on one single charge
- You can choose between 3 colors: gold, silver and grey
- Screen size: 10.2 inches
- Has a front and back camera
- It’s compatible with Apple pencil, so it’s a great option for designers
- It’s compatible with Smart and Bluetooth keyboards.
- Price: around 300 USD
4. Lenovo Tab M10:
Lenovo is well known for its great quality and high technology standards, so of course this tablet is one of the best options you can find. Something to highlight about this model it it’s powerful processor. It’s battery life is not the best.
- Weight: 480 gs.
- Storage space: 32GB
- Screen size: 10.1 inches
- Has a camera included
- Fast and powerful processor
- Great screen resolution
- Price: around 280 USD
5. Samsung Galaxy A7
Samsung is one of the most popular brands when it comes to tablets, and if you’re looking for the best tablet for long flights you should definitely consider this one, because its amazing battery performance makes it an excellent tablet to carry around without depending on a power source to charge it continuously. The storage space is not really the best because it only has 8GB, but you can add a MicroSD memory card for additional space if you want to.
- Superior battery life: can last up to 12 hs on a single charge
- Screen size: 7 inches
- Weight: around 390 gs.
- You can choose from 2 different colors: black or white
- Has a front and back camera
- Amazing touchscreen accuracy
- Storage space: 8 GB
- Has the option of adding more storage space with a MicroSD memory card
- Small and compact design perfect for carrying it around comfortably
- Price: around 230 USD
As you can see, all of these options are amazing for carrying them around on long travels, and each has an aspect to highlight, so my advice is that you make your decision considering the use that you believe that you’ll give to the tablet. For instance, if you want a device to carry to your travels and work or write, then your best option could be the Microsoft Surface or the Apple iPad. If you’re on a budget and it’s your first approach to the world of tablets, then the Amazon one can be the perfect option for you. If you want a powerful processor and a compact design, you should definitely consider the Lenovo. And if a solid battery life is what matters the most to you, then getting the Samsung tablet can be a great idea. Now is your time to decided which is the best tablet for traveling abroad!