What is the The best tablet for reading PDF textbooks? If you are a book lover and you usually read several books at a time, then you probably tend to find yourself carrying around several big, heavy books in your backpack or purse. Luckily for you and your back column, nowadays technology has blessed us with a practical and effective solution: the reading tablets. These devices are mobile electronic devices especially designed for reading books or articles.
Although there are still many people who, for different reasons, have a clear and strong preference for the classic paper books, there is a growing number of book fans who are choosing to purchase tablets to read. Comfort, lower prices and practicality are some of the many reasons why these devices are becoming so popular nowadays, and why so many people are choosing them for reading.
If you’re thinking of getting a tablet, then you’ll soon discover that there’s a large number of different options and brands for you to choose the one which suits you the best. This might actually make it a bit harder for you to make a decision on which is the best tablet for reading PDF textbooks. But no worries! We’re here to help you. In this article, we’re gonna give you detailed and essential information on what you should take into consideration when choosing a tablet, and we’ll present you with a wide and diverse range of some of the best models available in the market nowadays.
Read more: best tablet for traveling abroad
Key things to consider when choosing a tablet
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when looking for the best tablet for reading PDF textbooks. Some key features should always be present in the tablet you choose, to make the most out of the e-reading experience. Here’s what you need to take into account:
- Screen size: the size of the screen of the tablet is one of the most important features to consider. This will determine how your reading experience will be. The most popular sizes vary between 7 inches to 9 inches, but you can always find bigger ones or smaller ones according to your preference. Our advice is that you don’t choose one that is very small, because you might have some hard time trying to read comfortably; nor one that is very big, because it might be less efficient to carry it around.
- Battery life: if the battery does not last, then your e-reading experience will not be as smooth as it could be. It’s quite annoying having to charge a device several times a day, don’t you agree? That’s why you should consider that the tablet you choose has a battery that can run for about 6 to 8 hours on one single charge.
- Storage space: the more storage space you have, the more PDFs and books you’ll be able to have! That’s why storage space is such an important factor to consider when choosing the tablet you will purchase. Besides, tablets are useful for storing all types of PDF documents other than only books, so you should definitely consider a good storage space as a main priority when making your decision. A useful storage space can be found in tablets which have a capacity of 32GB or more.
- Screen resolution: a good screen resolution is very important to make the most out of your reading experience. Moreover, your eyes will appreciate it and will surely notice the difference between a screen with a good resolution and a screen with a terrible resolution. A screen with less glare and visible pixels is what you want to look for to keep your eyes from getting too tired too soon.
The 5 best tablets for reading pdf textbooks
Now that you have more information about tablets for reading PDF textbooks and their special and particular features, we’ll share with you our picks of 5 of the best tablets available in the market today.
1. Apple Ipad Pro
The world-famous North-American technology company has one of the best tablets that you can find in the market. The Apple Ipad Pro is a high quality device with a large screen that will guarantee you an amazing reading experience.
- Screen size: 12.9 inches
- Liquid retina screen display
- Storage capacity: up to 512GB. You can easily store audio or video files, besides PDFs.
- Has several features for you to use it for more than just reading (access internet, download apps, camera for taking pictures, etc.)
- Battery life is not as efficient as other options available in the market
- The processor is fast and efficient
- Price: around USD 1300 for the 512GB one
2. Amazon Fire HD 10
The famous North-American company Amazon has launched its very own line of tablet devices, which are chosen by a wide number of people as a PDF reader. It’s a very versatile and high-quality choice, with an accessible price.
- Screen size: 10 inches
- 1080p full HD display
- Storage capacity: 64GB. It is possible to upgrade it to even 521GB with a microSD card.
- It can be connected to Alexa and operated with the voice.
- Battery life of 12 hours.
- Has a 2.0 GHz octa-core processor
- Price: around USD 220
3. Kindle Oasis
Although usually it is considered that Kindle devices, also developed by Amazon, are not exactly tablets, the Kindle Oasis is here to show you that choosing a Kindle as a tablet for reading PDF textbooks is also an excellent decision.
- Screen size: 7 inches
- Paperwhite display
- Storage capacity: 32GB.
- It has a waterproof design and adjustable lighting
- Extremely efficient battery life
- It has not many further functions and features rather than being useful for reading
- Price: around USD 270
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
The well-known technology company Samsung is famous for developing all sorts of amazing electronic products and, of course, it has its very own line of tablets. Here we will introduce you to one of the best tablets that this brand has to offer.
- Screen size:10 inches
- Screen resolution of 1920×1200 pixels. The screen is also water-resistant
- Storage capacity: 64GB.
- It has a camera, a fingerprint scanner for higher safety and a pen
- Battery lasts for up to 11 hours on one charge
- It’s a bit heavier than other tablets
- Price: around USD 519
5. Sony XPeria Z4
The Japanese company Sony has developed its very own line of tablets with excellent results. As usual, this enterprise offers high-quality products with creative and attractive designs. Here we present you one of the best tablets they offer.
- Screen size:10 inches
- High screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
- Storage capacity: standard 32GB, which can be to 200 GB
- It’s of the thinnest devices available
- Efficient Battery life
- It comes with a keyboard
- Price: around USD 195
All in all, we can say that, without a question, the best tablet for reading PDF textbooks can be found in many places and in many different brands, as long as you take into consideration the key features we mentioned in this article. Whether you prefer more storage or a smaller or a larger size, or if you have a higher or a lower budget, we’re sure that, after reading this piece, you’ll find the perfect tablet matching your requirements.