What is the best tablet for handwriting notes ? Tablets are very useful devices which are chosen by an increasing number of people, either as an additional technological tool or as a main device. There are lots of different models and brands to choose from, depending on what you will use the tablet for, your budget and your overall preferences. For instance, if you are going to use the tablet mostly for reading books or PDF articles, then you should consider getting a device with a good screen resolution and an adequate glare. If you will need to store many files, then you should take into account the space available in the tablet. And if you will use it to watch audiovisual content, you should consider the screen size for a better experience.
Here I will describe in detail the tablets used for taking handwriting notes and I will recommend to you some of the best ones available in the market. As I have mentioned above, you should have a clear idea of the uses you will give to the tablet when analyzing which one to get, so as to prioritize certain aspects or characteristics of the device which will be functional for you. If you’re going to use the tablet for taking handwriting notes, then there are a few key considerations that I would like to bring to your attention to help you in your search.
Key features of tablets for handwriting notes
One of the most important aspects to consider when choosing a tablet for handwriting notes is the pen or stylus. This small but powerful accessory is what will mark the difference between a high quality experience and a low quality experience. My recommendation is that you look for tablets which already come with pens incorporated, or if not at least make sure that the device is compatible with pens. Also, it’s better to go for tablets which have pens that do not need to be charged.
Pressure sensitivity is a concept that you should get familiarized with if you’re looking into purchasing a tablet for taking handwriting notes. This refers to the extent to which you can control the traces that you can make with the pen. The higher the pressure sensitivity, the more accurate and detailed the traces can be.
The size of the screen and its resolution is another thing to take into account. Whether you should go for a bigger or smaller screen actually depends on the kind of work you will need to do and on your personal preferences, but in general a screen of between 10 and 12 inches is recommended for these types of work.
The glare of the screen can be an aspect you consider essential. You will probably spend a lot of time staring at that screen, so choosing a device with low glare and good technology for protecting your eyes might be very important for you.
Battery life is also key. Nobody wants to have a device that needs to be charged over and over again. So consider purchasing a device which has, on the one hand, a good battery life, and on the other hand, is fast charging. This will definitely come as a big plus when working with your tablet. Some brands are recognized for having better battery performances than others but, all in all, the options which I will present to you all have great battery life and are charged fastly.
Finally, I strongly recommend that you dedicate some time to seriously reflect about the uses that you will give to the device. Will you use it exclusively for taking handwriting notes? Do you expect to use it also for other things, such as reading, listening to music or watching movies? This, of course, is very important because depending on what you will use it for, there are some models and brands which will better fit your requirements than others, as you will see next.
What are the advantages of getting a tablet?
It is possible that you wonder why it is convenient for you to get a tablet for taking handwriting notes. Maybe you already have a computer or a mobile phone with a good touchscreen or which is compatible with a pen, so why should you get a tablet for taking handwriting notes? Trust me when I tell you that tablets make a difference. Their design, weight, screen size, special features and functionalities make them unique and valuable devices to fulfill specific functions. So if you’re looking for an electronic device for taking handwriting notes, there is no question that the best option for you is a tablet. Whether that tablet has a bigger or smaller screen, more or less storage space, comes or not with a pen or has further functionalities is entirely up to you and your requirements. The options that I will show you next are very diverse in this aspect and are all excellent options for taking handwriting notes.
The best tablet for handwriting notes: 5 great devices in the market
Now that you have a clearer understanding and a closer approach to tablets in general and to tablets for taking handwriting notes in particular, I will present to you 5 of the best devices available nowadays in the market. I have included different options with diverse characteristics, all of which have proved to have a very high performance and top quality for design, drawing and taking handwriting notes.
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inches: it is well known that, when talking about tablets, the name of the recognized Apple will most surely be mentioned. And this article is not the exception. Apple tablets are one of the best options available in the market due to its unquestionable quality, minimalistic design, wonderful screen resolution and friendly interface. The model I would recommend you to look into when considering tablets for taking handwriting notes is the iPad Pro with a screen size of 12.9 inches.
- Amazing Liquid Retina XDR display
- Front and rear camera
- You can add the Apple Pencil 2nd Generation, though it does not come included with the tablet. It is also possible to add keyboards
- Excellent battery life which charges fast
- Face ID for authentication
- Thin and light design, which makes it comfortable to carry around
- Wonderful performance
- Price: around 1099 USD
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus+: as you most certainly have heard, Samsung tablets are famous for its great quality, stylish design and comfortable operation. This tablet which I’m presenting to you here is one of the most recommended options of this brand when looking for the best tablet for handwriting notes.
- Screen size: 12.4 inches
- Comes with a S Pen stylus which has amazing precision
- Great battery life
- Has a front and rear camera
- 128 GB of storage space. There are also other options with storage spaces of 256 GB and 512 GB
- Weight: 2.00 lbs
- Price: around 642 USD
- XP-Pen Deco Pro Medium: XP-Pen is a recognized Japanese brand specialized in graphic tablets, so of course I wanted to introduce you to one of its best options when considering tablets for taking handwriting notes.
- Great and wide working area for a more comfortable experience
- 5080 LPI resolution
- Comes with a stylus with great sensitivity and precision which doesn’t require charging
- Weight: 4.04 pounds
- Compatible with a great variety of softwares and operating systems
- You need to connect it to a screen to view the work, which can be either a computer, a mobile phone or another tablet
- Price: around 130 USD
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite: the popular technology brand Huawei has great options for tablets, and this model is very recommended and affordable if you´re looking for tablets for taking handwriting notes.
- 10.1 inches size screen
- 3GB+32GB storage space
- Comes with a M-Pen Lite stylus included
- Screen resolution of 1920×1200
- Has a front and rear camera
- Great battery life
- Low glare screen
- Price: around 234 USD
- Wacom Cintiq 22: Wacom is a very well-known brand in the world of drawing tablets and a leading brand in digital art, so it is indeed an excellent option for taking handwriting notes.
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Large drawing area
- Anti-glare screen
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Connectivity via USB and HDMI
- Comes with a Pro Pen 2 stylus which gets power from the screen and has amazing precision
- Price: around 1200 USD
To sum up, as you can see there are many amazing options for you to choose the best tablet which suits your needs. You might prefer to have more storage space, or a pen with a higher-pressure sensitivity, or even a tablet which also has a high-quality camera, but either way all of these brands and models are great for taking handwriting notes and will most definitely not disappoint you. With whichever one of these tablets you choose, you will be sure to produce amazing works and harmonious designs, supported by the best technology available in the market.