Which is the best GoPro mount for Kayak? People who love kayaking, and enjoy capturing every moment with their cameras, need always to get the best quality mount to secure their GoPro camera, as an essential tool. Otherwise, the risk of damaging or missing their camera in the water can happen.
For help purposes, this guide has been created with the best and most popular mounts, including all their pros and cons, to help kayak lovers who don’t want to miss any capture and loss their cameras in the process, find the best options that meet their necessities.
Keeping in mind this recommendation, it turns impossible to fail to choose an option on this list.
One thing that all kayakers want and need, from experts, casual enthusiasts, and adventurous families, it’s a secure fit and a stable video image. In the last few years, the variety of GoPro kayak mounts available to consumers has skyrocketed. Chest mounts, camera booms, hyper-portable models, suction mount, clamp mount, adhesive mount, track mount, drill-dawn mount, helmet mount, or straps, can be easily adapted to any style, weight, and security, varying accordingly to the user necessities and adapting to anybody tastes.
8 BEST GOPRO MOUNT FOR KAYAK
1. YAKATTACK PANFISH PRO CAMERA MOUNT
Versatile and convenient, turn this mount in a premium track-mounted holster for cameras. Compatible with all GoPro models, even those working with digital cameras, this mount has been designed to mount directly onto nearly any kayak track system, including YakAttack, YakGear, and Scotty Fishing Products.
PanFish Pro uses the company’s proprietary LockNLoad and Camera Ball features to provide maximum flexibility in images and shooting angles on the water. Thanks to them, it becomes easier to quickly adjust the GoPro orientation without removing the camera from the mount.
Materials? Rugged aluminum provides a superior blend of durability and weight savings. Its unique design reduces unwanted shaking in your videos, making it easier to get panning shots.
- Strong aluminum construction.
- Easy to rotate and adjust with one hand.
- Rigid design reduces camera shake.
- Compatible with all GoPros and most digital cameras.
- It can be mounted onto nearly any kayak track system.
- A little bit expensive.
- Tall height isn’t great in bad weather.
2. RAILBLAZA CAMERA BOOM 600 R-LOCK WITH ACTION CAMERA ADAPTER
Compatible with a wide type of GoPro cameras, versatile, and easy to mount, users can get access to a wider angle of view. With a stylish and rigid arm and breaks into three pieces for increased portability.
Still not being the most affordable option in comparison to the latest model, but the equipment is a real long-term investment since it will last forever. The ¼ 20” screws rotate 360º, weigh 15.52 OZ, and feature R-Lock friction joints, making it able to be used with just one hand.
The only tricky fact? it must be purchased separately.
- Compatible with a wide type of camera.
- Easy to mount.
- Versatile and portable.
- Must be purchased separately.
3. YAKATTACK PANFISH PORTRAIT PRO CAMERA MOUNT
Small and innovative, this GoPro track mount is for keen paddlers that want to capture every single adventure moment. With YakAttack’s camera ball system and LockNLoad base to get a full 360º rotation of the camera while you’re on the water. Its positions and angles can be quickly configured, with just one hand, and easily removed from its base with the push button.
Compatible with all GoPro models and digital cameras that use a ¼-20 mount, it makes it a versatile option for paddlers that pack a range of different cameras for each trip. By the way, the mount has been designed to work with most of the track systems on the market, making it able to fit in any kayak.
The only thing that maybe could be inconvenient is the fact that it is shorter than some of the same company track mounts, having a low-angle shot of you, or the water rather than a birds-eye-view of your kayak.
- Provides 360º adjustability for your camera.
- Compatible with all GoPros and most digital cameras.
- LockNLoad system for quick angle adjustments.
- Stiff frame reduces shake.
- Can be mounted onto most kayak track systems.
- Relatively short height limits footage versatility.
4. SCOTTY KAYAK CAMERA MOUNT
One of the most famous mountain kayaking circles for its dependable and highly customizable camera mounts, is one of the most reasonable models to buy, as a good starter camera mount.
With a 3.2 Oz, 9.5 x 5 x 1.5 inches, this turns it into one of the lightest, and most compact GoPro-compatible models, plus the fact that this mount model commands overall excellent feedback from every single outdoor enthusiast.
Even if it works nice with all GoPro models, it can be adapted to fit other bases with other Scotty equipment, being a great all-around mount.
- Beginner friendly.
- Highly customizable.
- Maybe too small for some kayak professionals.
5. GOPRO JAWS FLEX CAMP
A quick and easy way to attach any GoPro camera to any kayak. Features a large and sturdy clam, that can be used to secure your GoPro to nearly any object between =.25” and 2” in thickness. Crafted to attach onto anything from irregularly shaped objects to thing surfaces, turns easy to mount to clip onto the rim of your kayak’s cockpit before you start paddling.
Additionally, the Jaws Flex Clamp comes with a removable gooseneck attachment system. This removable gooseneck provides a nearly unlimited amount of adjustability for your camera, giving you the ability to change your shot angle in a matter of seconds.
Like many GoPro-built mounts, this uses the company’s proprietary quick release base system. As a result, it makes it compatible with all GoPro cameras.
Jaws Flex Clamp’s attachment system isn’t as secure as other mount types. Therefore, it’s best for use in flat water where the risk of the clamp coming undone is relatively low.
- Can attach to a wide range of surfaces and objects.
- Includes a flexible extension for different angles.
- Compatible with all GoPro models.
- Easily adjustable system.
- Clamp system isn’t as secure as other mount types.
- Only compatible with GoPros.
6. BODHI FLOATY SUCTION CUP MOUNTAIN
Rugged and versatile is one of the most popular ones to capture action shots in a wide range of water and weather conditions. Specifically engineered for use in rough waters, the palm-sized Floaty Suction Cup Mount is designed to attach to any hard-sided kayak. It uses three industrial-grade locking suction cups to latch onto your kayak, and it comes with a loop for a tether cord for added peace of mind on the water.
It doesn’t require adhesives or any other permanent fixtures to attach to any kayak, making it able to change the positioning of your GoPro as the user paddles. The aptly named Floaty features a hollow construction that allows it to float if you accidentally drop your GoPro in the water.
With a multi-compatible mount system that works with various GoPro cameras, such as the MAX 360, HERO, and Session series.
- Can be used on any hard-sided kayak.
- Designed to float if you drop it overboard.
- Features three industrial-strength suction cups.
- Includes a tether loop for extra security.
- Camera angle isn’t easily adjustable.
- Won’t float when used with larger legacy GoPro models.
7. GOPRO HELMET FRONT AND SIDE MOUNT
One of the best options for kayaking helmets, making it the ideal way to capture action POV shots on the water. Designed to quickly attach to either the side or front of any helmet.
With a set of two curved adhesive mounts, to configure its system for use on two different helmets.
The primary advantage of the GoPro Helmet Front and Side Mount is that they are compatible with any camera in the company’s line-up. But the user needs to keep in mind that using it with a larger GoPro, as the MAX 360, could throw off the weight distribution of your helmet.
On the other side, the mounting system is also designed to work well with its included Swivel Mount accessory and mounting buckle so it can be made minor adjustments to the camera angle while on the go. Doing so makes it easier to get close-up footage of your face and body as you paddle.
- Affordable price point.
- Includes two adhesive mounts.
- Comes with a Swivel Mount accessory for angle adjustments.
- Quick and easy set-up.
- Great for POV shots.
- Not great for use with larger GoPro models.
- Difficult to mount on some helmets.
- Designed to be a permanent attachment system.
8. GOPRO PERFORMANCE CHEST MOUNT
Built using a set of super-stretchy nylon straps and lots of padding, the Performance Chest Mount is designed to be used anywhere. Fully adjustable and with versatile chest straps, it can fit people of any body type, being at the same time easy to put on and take off, thanks to its integrated quick-release buckle.
Better for flatwater paddlers, where choppy seas and shaky footage are less likely scenarios, unless the user tightens down the straps on this mount, the camera will likely bounce around as you paddle.
- Stretchy straps and a well-padded design.
- Quick-release buckle for ease of use.
- Fully adjustable straps fit over most PFDs.
- Provides a unique POV shot of the water.
- Can cause some chafing.
- Known to cause camera shaking in choppy water.